KVB-FASTag, a brief Introduction:
There are four ways to use this product:
- NHAI has rolled out program for Electronic Toll Collection on Toll Plazas on National Highways to be called FASTag.
- FASTag works on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
- KVB-FASTag is linked to a prepaid account (e-Wallet).
- It is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle.
- It is valid for 3 years and can be recharged at the agent location and KVB-branches.
- It should be used once in 6 months to avoid dormancy.
- It can be used at all national Highway tolls across the country.(For Full List of NH-Tolls visit : www.goo.gl/zxnBOZ )
Benefits of KVB-FASTag:
- Saves Fuel and Time
- SMS alerts for transactions
- Online recharge
- No need to carry cash
- Web portal for customers.
|Nature of the Instrument||RFID technology based tag(FASTag)Tag is linked to a Prepaid Account / e-wallet|
|Target Audience||All LMV and above Vehicle Owners|
|Card Mapping||One Vehicle will have one FASTag|
|Regulatory authority||NPCI / NHAI|
|Issuance under the Act||Governed as per PSS act 2007.|
|How to affix the Tag||FASTag shall be fixed at center of the windshield just behind the rear view mirror, as per the guidelines.|
|Transferability||Tag sticker once affixed, cannot be reused.|
|Variant||There were 7 variants depending upon the vehicle class:
Class – 4 - Car, Jeep, Van
Class – 5 - LCV-Bus, Truck & Mini bus
Class – 6 - Three Axle – LCV
Class – 7 - Bus / Truck
Class –12 - 4 to 6 Axle Vehicle
Class –15 - 7 or More Axle Vehicle
Class –16 - Heavy Commercial Movers / Earth Moving Equipment.
|Card Face & Back image|
|Maximum Card Balance for Full KYC card||Rs.1,00,000/- with full KYC for the account and as per PPI guidelines and there is no restriction for transactions;|
|Limited KYC Card||Rs.10,000/- and it should not exceed Rs.10,000/- in a particular month.|
|Top-Up||The customer has to approach the agent / branch to Top-Up and can transfer the balance to another tag or customer account at the time of Tag account closing.|
Fees and Charges:
|Tag cost||200 (S.T. Inclusive)|
|Vehicle Type||Tag Charges. (A)||Refundable Security Dep. (B)||Min. Recharge Amount (C)||Threshold Limit (T)|
|Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace & mini light commercial vehicle||200||200||200||100|
|Light Commercial Vehicle 2 Axle / Mini Bus||200||300||200||150|
|Bus 3 Axle / Truck 3 Axle / Light commercial vehicle 3 Axle||200||400||500||300|
|Bus 2 Axle / Truck 2 Axle||200||400||500||300|
|Truck 4 / 5 / 6 Axle||200||500||500||300|
|Truck Multi axle ( 7 and above)||200||500||500||300|
|Earth Moving Machinery / Heavy Construction Machinery||200||500||500||300|
@ Threshold limit is the level at which the SMS will be sent to the customer to recharge the tag immediately to avoid inconvenience in passing tolls.
How to Avail KVB-FASTag: